CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Our client based in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba, is a vegetable and fruit puree manufacturer, serving large North American producers of
mass-market consumer food products such as soups, sauces, baby foods, beverages and smaller food service and institutional clients. This
newly emerging company is at the cusp of entering the marketplace, having full production capability since August 2014. Our client’s
philosophy is community based and focuses on environmental sustainability and development. On behalf of our client, we are currently
recruiting for a Chief Executive Officer to join their strategic leadership team.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the COO and founder, the CEO will be responsible for the overall growth and
long term profitability of the company. This role demands an individual who can roll up their sleeves and is able to take a new fast growing
organization to the next level, setting strategic direction and culture, as well as, the day to day management. The ideal candidate will have
above average leadership and team building skills with a solid record of accomplishment. This energetic self-starter will have the ability to
work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment, demonstrated experience in developing effective business development strategies that
open new accounts and build on revenue, profitability and market share. Experience in manufacturing/processing and or food distribution is
a requirement of the position.
- Leads the company’s profit and loss.
- Assess and lead the sales channel strategy to enhance revenue and profitability.
- In collaboration with the VP of Sales and Marketing, evaluate, refine and clearly articulate the strategic roadmap to define the business
model, product offering and target markets going forward.
- Pursue and secure strategic channel relationships and partnerships and key accounts.
- Understanding market dynamics and together with senior management team create a long term strategy to gain desired position in
market including a business model for international manufacturing/distribution.
- Building appropriate reporting systems, processes and controls on an ongoing basis to achieve optimal results.
- Provides leadership in the day to day operation, evaluates existing processes to identify opportunities for efficiencies.
- Mentoring and coaching of the leadership team to optimize productivity, efficiency and employee engagement.
- Ensure that appropriate financial and operational systems are in place to manage the success of the business.
- Regularly provide updates to the board of directors and the investment community to manage expectations and KPI’s.
- Annually develop a business plan and budget for the Board of Directors approval.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor degree in Business with an emphasis on Management or Marketing.
- 10 years or more in a senior management role with a background in the food processing/food distribution environment.
- Hands-on experience in a start-up environment is a key asset.
- A demonstrated track record of sales experience, ability to build a logical business case that establishes value proposition and
justification for all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire and lead a team to achieve results.
- Strong work ethic and tenacious approach to getting things done.
- Professional, polite, confident, and persistent with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A business presence complemented with personal drive, resourcefulness, maturity, honesty, integrity and sound business judgment.
This opportunity will appeal to a sales leader in a food manufacturing/processing environment where sales goals are achieved through trusted
client relationships, customized solutions, flexibility and a value added approach. If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are
interested in learning more about this opportunity please forward your resume to Linda.Beaudry@mnp.ca or call 778-432-3056.